Lake Fischer Estates is part of historic Gotha that was settled in the mid 1800’s by a group of German families that relocated here from the Mid-west. Known for it’s pristine beauty, plants and wildlife, bountiful soil and weather conditions, Lake Fischer was an ideal location for the cultivation of citrus trees and ornamental plants. Florida’s first agricultural experimental station, the Nehrling Gardens, of which five acres and Dr. Nehrling’s home remain on the south end of Lake Fischer, was the birthplace of Florida’s multi-billion-dollar ornamental plant industry.
The site of Lake Fischer Estates remained an active citrus grove, one parcel of which was that of the pioneer Fischer family from which the lake takes its name, until the time of its development in 1997. The beautiful spring-fed lake has no public access and is shared by Lake Fischer Estates, long time Gotha residents to the east, Camp Ithel (a facility of the United Brethren Church) to the south and a conservation area on the west adjoining the expressway connector.
Today, Lake Fischer Estates continues the historic tradition of a friendly community of neighbors with a peaceful, relaxed way of life enjoying the beauty of lush landscaping, security of a gated community and pride of ownership of well kept homes and lawns.